Interesting Fact: While its two founders were grad students at Stanford, they already had a search project called BACKRUB that was hosted on the university’s servers for over a year.
Image source: commons.wikimedia.org
- Founded by: Larry Page and Sergey Brin on October 2, 2015
- CEO: Larry Page
- Product: Conglomerate (Google parent company)
- Employees: 72,053
- Headquarters: Mountain View, California
- Market Cap: $784.2 billion AND GROWING
- Growth in last ten years: 411%
The two co-founders of Google eventually ended up founding Alphabet, Inc, and chose to launch a higher-up umbrella conglomerate to take some of the pressure off of Google – which was in control of a number of subsidiaries until they were passed up to the new parent company. The massive restructuring will certainly go down in corporate history.
Next Slide – This Company Created The Richest Person
In The World Once.
–Click Next To Find Out–