Interesting Fact: The founder, Jack Ma, taught English classes for 5 years at a University where he only earned $12.00 to $15.00 per month.
Image source: flickr
- CEO: Daniel Zhang
- Product: E-commerce, Internet, AI and Technology
- Founded by Jack Ma & Peng Lei on April 4, 1999
- Employees: 50,092
- Headquarters: Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Market Cap: $496 billion AND GROWING
- YoY growth: 82%
- Growth in last ten years: 108%
Alibaba is often thought of as the “Chinese Amazon” – but it is much more than that. This company actually delivered the highest-value initial public offering in US history with $21.8 billion raised. Its founder, Jack Ma, is one of the richest people in the world, and one of the most influential in China.
Next Slide – This Company Changed The Way People Consume Entertainment
–Click Next To Find Out–